Monday, February 25, 2013

Food Fun

Here is this weeks food fun in photos!  Avril whipped up a bunch of healthy muffins, riffing on a zucchini bread recipe.  The outside of the muffins are a bit crunchy with shards  of zucchini and carrots. On the  inside they are  moist and chewy. They freeze well and sneak a serving of veg into our daily diet.
Avril's Healthy Muffins

I have successfully used chef Jonathan Waxman's roasted chicken recipe on many occasions. Here is a video promoting his new book "Italian My Way", that walks you through the process. I have adapted it to roasting split chicken breasts. Avril and I prefer the breast, which not only provides a meal but sandwich fixings  for weekday lunches.
Roasted Chicken

I got my Sunday pastry thing on with a sesame yumster at the Creekside Bakery
I call these sesame yumsters  from Creekside Bakery, Novato

I decided to play around with some food still life photos and am very happy with the results. Maybe a photo for wall art?
Can you compare apples and oranges?

citrus mis en place for my bar


Health Foods Online said...

Nice blog.. Thanks for sharing this information with us

Chilebrown said...

Hey Greg, I just got a fancy new camera. Ms. Goofy just gave me a book called "Food Photography for Bloggers". Maybe you can share some wisdom to me sometime about how your pictures turn out so well.

Greg said...

Chilebrown- Woo Hoo! New camera time! What ya get? I'm sending you an email.