Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Planet Futbol

Went to Berkeley this past Saturday to watch the men's soccer team play an exhibition match against UC Davis. It was a good match that Berkeley dominated and won 2-0. The game started at 2pm and lasted a couple hours. Having only had toast for breakfast and a granola bar for lunch I was famished.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Berkeley in white
My daughter suggested Jupiter near the BART station. Having just sat in the sun for a long while we requested water. The gracious waitress accommodated us with several pitchers. Jupiter is also brewery, so we could have had beer. No one in the group was a beer drinker but the table next door was enjoying their brews with gusto. We ordered our dinner and a bottle of pinot grigio.
The decor is a rugged refectory kinda look with an nice outdoor eating area. The place was busy with a band warming up outside. It seemed like about a minute had gone by when food started to arrive. Big portions, hot and fast and cheap this is my kinda joint. I had the 9"Aries Pizza loaded with pepperoni and bubbling mozzarella cheese. This is the only plate I did not photograph. I think the aroma must have overwhelmed me. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Neptuna Melt
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Atlas/ roasted chicken breast
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Persephone/ roasted veg on focaccia
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Caesar with roasted chicken breast
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mediterranean Caesar
Eat good and play futbol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog today. Trust me, the beer is really good. Soccer & beer rock!