Sunday, August 28, 2005

Almost a victim of the market

Marin Civic Center Farmers Market

We arrived at 8am and the market is already a swarm of humanity. The sun is strong and the vendors booths loaded with goodies. There is a sense of community and a calmness today. We purchase piles of goodies. We have figs, pears, fingerling potatoes, lemons, limes, beets, and corn. A cornucopia of produce. Oh, I forgot the Rancho Gordo Pinquitos ,with a cool recipe for Santa Maria beans for barbecue. We are thinking about a Aidels sausage for brekkies. Let's just put the bags in the car.

We follow an elderly couple with canes across the street when a white van careens past us in obvious excess of speed and good sense. The man stumbles a bit and yells at the driver. Where is this guy headed so fast? Well now, it appears that it is a late arriving vendor who is headed for the market. As I head back for my sausage I comment to the driver that it might not be good business to take out the customers. I really expected an I'm sorry sir, but instead this kid proceeds to do his I'm an angry man/ gangsta routine. While unloading his product he punches the side of his van. A line has qued up now to purchase product. A man of about fifty looks worried about my presence. I explain my concern, he says that I should stay out of the way because he has waited since 8am to make a purchase. I collect a license and description to file a police report while angry man stomps around flinging merchandise onto the counter. Another patron hears my story and says " he's late every week like this" . Gentlemen I salute you! I have lost track of my priorities. This business must be done, a few people get hurt, who cares! Shame a few boneheads spoil the market for many.

7 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

Greg, that's a sad story. Would you please follow through and report it to the Farmers Market Association? Here's their contact page.
(My, what were you doing up so early on a Sunday?)

Jennifer Maiser said...

I agree with cookiecrumb. Please report it, and if that doesn't work then tell us who it was!

chilebrown said...

Did he sell potatoes? That was Chris. He had a badd hangover today,but that is no excuse for running over your geek butt. I think you should call the police and tell them you were delayed an instant because you walked before eating your carrot!

Greg said...

Somehow I think this meathead is beyond all common sense.Chilebrown-not a potato salesman. I maybe could put you out and front me as sheild..better than kevlar. ;)
G.

chilebrown said...

I will block for you anytime!!! Sunday Mornings at the Marin's Farmer's Market is one of my favorite times. Right now there is a cornuopia of colors. The vendor's are making some money right now. Once again! There is no excuse if somebody tried to run you over!!!!

cookiecrumb said...

Greg, who is chilebrown? I need a bodyguard. I can hardly stand Sundays at the market. (But then, see, I don't have a job. I'm a bum who can shop Thursdays.)

Anonymous said...

徵信社 徵信社徵信社 徵信社徵信社 徵信社徵信社 徵信社徵信社 徵信社徵信社 徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社
徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社徵信社 徵信社徵信社 徵信社徵信社 徵信 徵信徵信 徵信徵信徵信徵信 徵信
徵信 徵信 徵信 徵信徵信 徵信 徵信 徵信徵信 徵信 徵信 徵信徵信 徵信 徵信 徵信徵信 徵信 徵信 徵信徵信 徵信 徵信 徵信徵信 徵信 外遇 外遇外遇 外遇外遇 外遇 外遇 外遇外遇 外遇 外遇 外遇外遇 外遇問題 外遇問題 外遇問題
外遇問題 外遇問題 外遇問題 外遇問題 外遇問題 外遇問題外遇蒐證 通姦 通姦 通姦通姦 通姦通姦 通姦 通姦 通姦 通姦通姦 劈腿 劈腿 劈腿劈腿 劈腿 劈腿 找人找人尋人 尋人 尋人尋人 尋人 尋人尋人 尋人 尋人尋人 尋人 尋人
尋人 尋人 尋人尋人 尋人 尋人尋人 尋人 尋人工商調查 工商調查 工商調查商業調查抓姦 抓姦 抓姦抓姦抓姦 抓姦抓姦 抓姦 抓姦 抓姦抓姦 抓姦 抓姦抓猴 抓猴 抓猴 抓猴 捉猴 捉猴 捉猴
捉猴 捉猴 捉姦 捉姦 捉姦 捉姦捉姦捉姦 捉姦 捉姦 捉姦 捉姦 捉姦
捉姦 家庭暴力婚外情 婚外情 婚外情 婚外情 婚外情 婚外情 婚外情 婚外情婚外情 婚外情 婚外情 婚外情第三者偵探 偵探 偵探 偵探 偵探偵探 偵探 偵探 偵探 偵探 偵探偵探 偵探 偵探偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 偵探社 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探私家偵探 私家偵探
私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探
私家偵探 私家偵探 私家偵探 包二奶 包二奶包二奶 包二奶 包二奶 包二奶 包二奶 大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶 大陸包二奶 感情挽回 感情挽回 感情挽回 感情挽回 感情挽回 感情挽回 感情挽回 感情挽回 感情挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回
婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻挽回 婚姻 婚姻 婚姻 婚姻
婚姻 婚姻 離婚 離婚 離婚 離婚 離婚 離婚 離婚證人 離婚證人離婚證人離婚證人 離婚證人
徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公司徵信公司 徵信公會
徵信公會 徵信公會 徵信公會徵信公會 徵信公會徵信公會 徵信公會徵信公會 婚前徵信婚前徵信 婚前徵信 婚前徵信 婚前徵信婚前徵信 婚前徵信婚前徵信 婚前徵信婚前徵信 婚前徵信 婚前徵信 婚前徵信 婚前徵信工商徵信 工商徵信工商徵信 工商徵信 工商徵信 工商徵信工商徵信 工商徵信 工商徵信 工商徵信工商徵信 工商徵信商業徵信 商業徵信 商業徵信 商業徵信
商業徵信 商業徵信 商業徵信 商業徵信商業徵信 商業徵信商業徵信 商業徵信 商業徵信 商業徵信商業徵信 商業徵信商業徵信 徵信服務 徵信服務
徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信服務 徵信業 徵信業 徵信業