Friday, April 12, 2013

Predictable Comfort

As much as I love to try new places for food, sometimes I go back repeatedly to a place that I know will be predictably good. We walked our nearby mall purchasing some clothing for our upcoming cruise adventure. Time slipped by and suddenly I felt the "grumpy" coming on. It was almost three and we had not eaten since early morn. Next door to  DSW, where we bought new walking shoes, was our favorite Pasta Pomodoro. We were just in time to qualify for the "express lunch" menu. I got a Caesar salad and pizza with mushrooms, sausage and red onions for $9.95. Avril decided to go off menu and got a cup of minestrone and a mixed salad with Gorgonzola Dolce for under $10.  The meal was, as usual, tasty and comforting.
Lunch at Pasta Pomodoro Novato

4 comments:

Chilebrown said...

Now that is a good looking pizza.

Greg said...

They make a really good pizza. I took half home and had it for dinner. All that food for $10.

Zoomie said...

I know what you mean - sometimes, it's just nice to know you can expect a fine meal at a reasonable price.

Greg said...

Zoomie- I know it is chain but I consider it a local place.