Monday, May 07, 2012

Breakfast Biscuit Slider

I convinced Avril to make homemade biscuits Saturday. She used the rolled biscuit recipe from The Joy of Cooking. They are rich and flaky and go nicely with a little raspberry jam. I decided to use them as a vehicle for a  breakfast sandwich. I made a frittata with scallions and cheddar cheese and cut rounds using the cutter she had used for the biscuits. A coin of Canadian bacon fried in butter and a splash of hot sauce completed the sandwich. You could just eat one but they are on the small side so I recommend two or three in the slider style.

Photobucket Breakfast Biscuit Slider

4 comments:

Zoomie said...

Looks good and I love the part where you used a cookie cutter to make them extra pretty.

Greg said...

Zoomie- There it was on the counter and I said to myself...self use that cookie cutter to make egg circles.Pretty food tastes better ;)

Chilebrown said...

I notice the hot sauce in the background, Cholula

Greg said...

Chilebrown-Yes it has become my go to choice lately. I had it in San Diego last month and really liked it.