Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Gift of Pears

Fellow blogger cookiecrumb and her husband gifted us with a "sack o pears" from their prolific tree. I cruised the web for a friendly recipe for pear chutney. I picked the pear chutney for dummies recipe because it seemed to fit the bill. I had no raisins in house and I hate cloves so they were left out. I added some touch of nutmeg for no good reason. It took three hours of simmering, during which the house was perfumed with cooked sugar, fruit and spice.The resulting chutney was sweet, tart, spicy and just plain wonderful. Thank you guys! 
Photobucket
Turkey sando on whole wheat with mayo and pear chutney

4 comments:

Zoomie said...

Now, that sounds wonderful. They have marvelous pears and you did super things with them. Win-win.

cookiecrumb said...

Zoomie, can you come to the Marin market Sunday earlyish? This is absolutely the last week for a pear giveaway.

Chilebrown said...

I just got a bunch of two types of pears form Oregon via my good friend Angelo.(Angelo's Meats Peatluma) This recipe sounds like a winner. I will make this recipe twice when I get pears from the Mad one from Marin, maybee.

Greg said...

Zoomie, cookiecrum, Chillbrown- Thanks for stopping by.