Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Day After

I'm not sure which is better Thanksgiving dinner or leftovers the next day. This year we had the holiday turkey at my daughter's house and did not take any leftovers. My hard working wife recreated Thanksgiving Dinner all over again yesterday. We went to the market and found the same fresh turkey on sale for forty cents a pound cheaper than we paid before the holiday. I guess the concept of buying reduced price Christmas cards after the holiday applies to turkey as well. We purchased two, freezing one for Christmas dinner. This morning I had my day after sandwich. The original sando recipe was toasted bread with mayo, turkey, salt, pepper, stuffing and cranberry sauce. This year an accidental find of Trader Joe's cranberry orange relish took it from great to grand. You can find it in the refrigerator section. I believe it is a seasonal product so don't wait to check it out. Happy Holidays!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Zoomie said...

I'm missing my leftovers but I haven't mustered the energy to cook a turkey myself.

MissfixIT said...

Thanks for leaving all the leftovers, we've been in a food coma for 4 days now! :P

cookiecrumb said...

That's the thing. You NEED leftovers! Your wife is a saint.
That sammie with cranberries looks good.

Greg said...

Zoomie-April is a trooper and loves to make turkey
MissfixIT- Turkey yum!
Cookiecrumb- You do and she is!