Friday, March 05, 2010

Gone

I was at some innocuous website when it grabbed me. In about three heartbeats it took my computer down. I am a user of a computer but I truly do not understand how they function. To what benefit would someone plant a virus? Fortunately for me my oldest daughter fixes them for a living and when I told her about my problem she said, "Think of them as my job security." At her advice, I had backed up my photography on a separate hardrive, so it is not the end of the world but it sure is a pain. I lost my photo manipulation program so I can't put photos up from my borrowed computer but I can now go to other blogs to read and comment.
Hope to be fully functional soon. In the meantime, I will republish an old photo and hope that these guys are about to pounce on the virus planter!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Zoomie said...

What a bummer! Greg, I have an aging but still very functional iMac computer that I can give you, if that will help. It's not much different from Windows and the bad guys don't write viruses for Macs because there are relatively few of them. Let me know if it would help you to have the Mac.

Greg said...

Zoomie- thank you for your kind offer. I am functional now while my daughter rebuilds my old Dell.:)

cookiecrumb said...

Macs! Ya hah.
So sorry, Greg. I've almost got my super cheapskate father to invest in a Mac, he's been hit so many times.