Friday, December 18, 2009

Mangia e Bevi - Novato

There's a new deli in town that's rocking it old school style! OK, enough with the Guy Fieri imitation. Mangia e Bevi translates from Italian to English as "eat and drink "and this deli excels at both. The place reminds me of the legendary Molinari's Deli in San Francisco. It has only been open for a few months but judging by the line for sandwiches at lunch time it is destined to be around for a while. I want to tell you about all the sandwiches on the menu but honestly I have eaten the same one each time I've gone there. The "Parma" is my sandwich of choice and I am addicted. It consists simply of Parma Prosciutto, shaved Parmesan, oil and vinegar. It is big enough for sharing if you are not a glutton like me. Their menu says they do catering of platters, sandwiches and salads and I suspect these goodies would make you a hero at the holiday party. Don't tell anyone but on Saturday they have foccacia from Liguria Bakery in San Fran. Mangia e Bevi is on Facebook.
Photobucket
The Parma

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

Wow, that's a hearty-looking sandwich. May have to take My Beloved and our two male visitors there this weekend - all three would enjoy that. And, oh yeah, so would I!

cookiecrumb said...

That photo makes my tummy rumble. I wish I could eat real bread, because that... rocks!