Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not in Kansas anymore Toto

I just realized that I have been writing this blog for over three years. Yikes! Time flies when you're having fun. I try not to repeat subjects but it is bound to happen. Today is a case in point, I have written about Ruby's cafe in Emeryville before. Why should I mention it again? Because it is the kind of place I would love to own.

A stylishly decorated, hip, artistic, so unlike Starbucks place to hang out. The clientele is an eclectic mix of bohemian and urban hipsters. Ruby's offers a limited menu of tasty sandwiches, soups and bakery items along with coffee drinks. The beautiful young lady behind the counter actually smiles and looks you in the eye when you order. The staff is obviously well managed and efficient. What more could you ask for? Mind you, I have only been there on Saturdays and the dynamic may change during the week when the local businesses are open.

After you order you are given a "magic wand" with a number to identify your table. It reminds me of the Wizard of Oz; just click the Ruby red slippers together and say "there's no place like home."

Photobucket
My magic wand!
Photobucket
roast beef with horseradish still a favorite
Photobucket
Veggie goes Greek

  • 6233 Hollis St.
    Emeryville, California 94608
    (510) 601-0622

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

I have a pal who lives on Hollis in Emeryville so I'll try it out with her! Thanks!

Anna Haight said...

Congratulations on 3 years!