Saturday, May 05, 2007

Catch the Coach

I am fortunate to live in Marin County California. I haven't done the research but I think it is safe to say it is one of the most expensive places in the U.S. to live. If you read my attached bio you'll note I am a frugal guy and strive to find inexpensive food. I watch the food shows and live vicariously as the T.V. hosts travel around the world finding delicious street food cheap. Not much of that happening in Marin and when I do find a spot I always blog about it.
Located in Southern Marin, a stone's throw from two extremely upscale malls, is an industrial area, home to a number of auto repair businesses. You'll find salt of the earth people in work clothes trying to make a living. There really isn't a place nearby to eat so a mobile catering truck shows up at breakfast and lunch. It is affectionately know as the "roach coach." Not to worry, it is inspected by the Marin County health department.
The menu is mostly diner type food. I heard the cook speaking Spanish so I figure it smart to try the Mexican food. Two carne asada soft tacos set me back $3. The prices are not posted and I think may vary depending on your attitude. The tacos are outstanding. The salsa is very spicy and has residual after burn. All I got to say is "feel the burn." I saw a great looking BLT and a steak sandwich pass by so this place is worth revisiting.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
soft tacos
The roach coach is located on Rich St. just north of Industrial Way in Greenbrae, Ca. The times vary but breakfast is around 8:15 a.m. and lunch is at 1:15 p.m. As an added bonus, there is a killer view of Mt. Tamalpais.

1 comment:

cookiecrumb said...

I'll see you there!
Thanks for the data.
(Did I tell you we moved to Terra Linda? Chili's! Ha ha.)