Sunday, October 16, 2005

Ricky's Barbecue / Adobe Pumpkin Farm

I must admit, at last, my beloved summer is over. I know we're spoiled here in California because the weather is still great, but I'm gonna miss summer. So as a celebration of fall we decided on an day trip to a farm. Adobe Pumpkin Farm is located at the end of East Washington (at Adobe) in Petaluma. Just when the housing tracts end it gets rural, like I remember from moons ago. Seems like the Neve family still believes that farms belong in the country and not houses.
This is a great place for little kids. If you don't have littles kids, borrow one. The look on their eyes when they spot all the goodies here is intense. Nothing like a little sensory overload for the kindergarten set.
Now you ask"where's the food big guy?"...don't fret my friends! Ricky's Barbecue is on property. Ricky serves the usual burger/hotdog fare for the kiddies, but for us Q addicts he has kickin trip- tip and marinated chicken breast. He has this big towable pit and the smoke rises all day while he tries to keep up with the demand. Only a couple of weeks left until Halloween, try this place out. If you miss the Q, Ricky will also do some catering. I hear he makes some mean Italian food, him being Italian I can understand that.
Rather than bore you with a thousand words more, I'll bore you with a thousand pictures or so.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
lots of pumpkins
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
flowers
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
squashes of all kinds
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
farm animals
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
haunted house
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
gifts
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
mini pumpkins
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
tri tip with sauted red onions and garlic
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Grillin and chillin
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Marinated Chicken with more onion and garlic
I'm making myself hungry all over again.

5 comments:

Mona said...

Man, this brings back memories. That first picture looks exactly like one hanging up in my parents house, the only difference is my parents placed me smack down in my carrier in the middle of the pumpkins when I was less than a year old. Maybe that's why Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. My favorite was the pumpkin patch somewhere near Half Moon Bay and my brother and I used to ride the little train they operated in and around all the pumpkins. "memories...."

Guy said...

Awww, nice shootin' there. As much as I hate to see summer & spring go, at least Fall doesn't suck too much.

Biggles

Guy said...

Hey man, a co-worker went to a pumpkin patch extravaganza up in Petaluma and mentioned the pumpkins/gourds were 18 to 20 dollars per pumpkin?
I think this is standard though for commercialized patches. Even so, it IS a great time and well put together. Tiny E (5 years old) attended our local patch and had a great time. As near as I can tell, it was about 5% of what Petaluma or Newark has to offer.
Heh, as long as they don't have anything to compare it to, we're doing fine.

Hugs

Greg said...

Dr. B.. Your right about the prices. I saw the same pumpkins at Target for $6.But considering the entertainment value it's fair I guess.
G.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.