Thursday, January 19, 2012

Please Don't Take my Nikon Away!

I've been  a certified photography freak for a long time. When digital cameras hit the market I was slow to adapt from film. Once I did, there was no going back. I guess I applied the same thought process to cell phones. For a long time my wife and kids have been sliding me towards an iPhone. I resisted until my trusty cell required packing tape to hold itself together. I was going to purchase a older style phone to replace it, but it seemed silly to go backwards in technology. After a bit of a iPhone learning curve I have become comfortable using it. The photographs it takes are amazingly good. I can email the photos to myself and edit them on the computer or instantly upload to social media. That's cool... but it still doesn't match my Nikon camera for capturing  quality images. Can some mad scientist build me a Nikon phone? For now please don't take my Nikon away!

 Here are some photos taken with the iPhone. The salami struck me as a great idea. Cut it from wrapper and you have instant catering. I discovered  the price was over $25 a pound! I'll buy the $8 salami and make a pretty circle. The pastries? Jump into my tummy!
 Photobucket
iPhone photos
Photobucket
Self portrait "I love the internet!"

4 comments:

Zoomie said...

I gotta say, those are pretty good photos, considering where they came from and the convenience of always having it in one's pocket, ready when the occasion arises. Lots of young people are now investing in full-size cameras with several lenses (but digital) to get the high quality of an SLR with the convenience of a digital. I find them all miraculous.

Greg said...

Zoomie-They say the best camera is the one you always carry. I have to be careful not to feed my camera addiction.

Chilebrown said...

I wish I had your photo skills.

Greg said...

Chilebrown- thank you sir you are too kind.