Monday, December 05, 2011

Logistical Consultant Tag Along

The wife had to travel to San Diego for some training so I decided to tag along as a logistical consultant. What pray tell is a logistical consultant? Every one has a title these days, so I gave myself a lofty one. Logistics defined per Dictionary.com: "The planning, implementation, and coordination of the details of a business or other operation." I am part travel agent, luggage handler, food procurement person, activities coordinator and all around man Friday. But most of all I am a husband who likes to spend time with the wife.  
We decided to train it down to San Diego on the weekend, and I decided it would be fun to do a photo-documentary of our travels
Day one we head to Emeryville to the Hyatt Summerfield Suites where I like to stay the night before our train journeys. We splurge on wine but split a Caesar Salad and burger to save a little loot. Jacob the bartender is a pro and has kitchen split our dishes. To get into the spirit, we have chocolate martinis for desert.

Note about photography here - I actually read the owner's manual of my several year old Nikon point and shoot and realized it has a low light setting that takes pictures in very limited light. They are a little grainy but I prefer to think about the lighting as romantic. 
Photobucket
 Dinner at the Emeryville Hyatt Summerfield Suites

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

I think I need to read the manual on my point-and-shoot, too - my low-light shots are the pits.

Greg said...

Zoomie- On my camera you go to menu and choose the high ISO setting. When shooting close up I also use the macro mode. The biggest problem I have is to remember to change the settings back when I finish. Aloha!