Friday, June 18, 2010

International Picnic Day

Today is International Picnic Day! I'm not sure why they picked a Friday when most are working. I have a suggestion if you are in the neighborhood of the Marin County Civic Center. The building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and offers magnificent architecture and views. Unknown to most, there is a cafe that is open to the public. Breakfast and lunch is offered every week day.The food is great and there is a outside seating area that rivals many in Marin. This would be a great location for a working day picnic. I shot this photo while I awaited jury duty a few weeks ago.
Photobucket
Marin Civic Center Cafe

Shout out to fellow blogger Zoomie for letting me know about International Picnic Day!

7 comments:

Zoomie said...

I think it's on this date each year, so next year it will be on a Saturday, right? Still, we have nice long evenings at this time of year for an after-work picnic.

cookiecrumb said...

Yeah, and shout-out to Biggles for complaining.
Happy day.

meathenge said...

Shout me out, yeah!

Dang, didn't know they had a cafe er something. Someone is going to have to take me out there for lunch some day. Dumb Friday Picnic Day, I had Sukie's Country Kitchen for lunch.

xo, Biggles

cookiecrumb said...

We had the MOST spectacular home-cooked Buffalo chicken wings today.
Too windy and chilly for outdoors. Had to eat in the dining room, where we "dined."

Oh hellshit, is Sukie's the place with the sausage gravy biscuits?

Greg said...

thank all for stopping by!

kudzu said...

I understand the food is much improved over the cafeteria "meh" offerings that used to be there.

I once attended a very sweet little wedding, a civil ceremony staged in the garden with a woman official of some sort doing the job for the young couple. (This should date it: we went to Alta Mira afterward for a wedding lunch!) We provided a sort of entertainment to those who were eating at the cafe.

Greg said...

kudzu- I missed your comment. I think it would be a lovely place for a wedding reception. Much cheaper than all the other venues in Marin.