Saturday, September 22, 2007

Checking in

It has been a while. I miss it. I lost my focus. I have been dealing with bureaucrats and scofflaws and have developed a cynical crust. I went to the Berkeley Farmers market and rather than enjoy the bounty of earth I viewed the sea of people with disdain. All dressed up in their latest couture clamoring for the very best designer produce. Eight dollars a pound for green beans! Oh I'm sorry Haricot vertes. While waiting to pay close to twenty dollars a pound for sausage (crepinettes) I cringed as a customer grilled the harried worker about the lineage of the butcher. He should have charged extra for the dialog. Is it a market or simple good old American Marketing? Blah!
I went home and cooked. The results were superb! Worth every penny. I have to remember I am fortunate to be able to purchase these fine products and help support the people who produce them. Nothing like good food to change your outlook on life. I didn't take photos that day but I pulled a few from the files. Just a couple of flowers that I snapped around the neighborhood. See the beauty around you.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: