Sunday, May 21, 2006

Woo Hoo!

On Saturday I was proud to attend the graduation of my daughter from University of California at Berkeley College of Natural Resources. Environmental Sciences, Policy & Management: Conservation and Resource Studies. Wow that's a lot of words! She's got her hard earned degree.
The weather was beautiful. There was only fifty some students graduating so the event was intimate and good time was had by all. The location was beautiful beyond words and a lovely discovery for me. The Blake Garden is located in the East Bay Hills in Kensington. It is owned by the university and is open to the public. What a great location for a picnic.
After the ceremony we retired to the garden pool area in front of Blake House. There were tables laden with glorious displays of the best food one could imagine. Homemade wine vinted by one of the schools professors called to me. The Paso Robles Zinfandel was incredible. My daughter was on the food committee ( the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree) so I'll give her extra credit for that. The only bummer of the day was that I forgot my camera. Other guests took pictures of the graduation so I will have those. I only wish I had pictures of the food.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww ... congratulations to you and your daughter!

Guy said...

Holy cow! I didn't think people went to college anymore. Maybe there is hope?
Congrats!

Biggles

cookiecrumb said...

Hooray for you both!