Sunday, October 30, 2005

Jamie Oliver

You want to get a quick laugh? Check out Jamie Oliver's web site. He is promoting his new book Jamie's Italy. In a post dated September 28 there is a promotional film clip from the Guardian Newspaper. Jamie is seen stopped at airport security. A close inspection reveals a bevy of food products. I think any addicted foodie would do the same thing.

I've been a fan of Oliver for some time and was lucky enough to meet him on two occasions when he was touring the Bay Area. Unfortunately the book is not available in the U.S. yet. I need to find an English connection to smuggle me one. I'll probably get soaked on the exchange rate but it would be worth it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

I had a chance to to a walkabout with Jamie Oliver back in 2001, when I worked at a newspaper. We were going to pop in on hole-in-the-wall eateries, Chinatown kitchen-supply stores, stuff like that.
Then the WTC was attacked, and he canceled his visit!
I'm jealous you got to meet him.

Anonymous said...

"That'll do Pig." Just how big were the legs on his trousers??